Chicagoland's Top Rated Local® Tree Services
Illinois Tree Index
Trees make life possible here on earth. They recycle our air, taking in poisonous carbon dioxide and replacing it with life-giving oxygen that all living creatures need every day. They recycle the water in conjunction with the soil, helping to take out pollutants and such. And they give us shade on a hot summer day. If you tried to imagine our world without trees, it would be very apocalyptic.
J&S Tree Service in Chicago loves trees. We’ve dedicated our lives to keeping your residential and commercial trees healthy. We remove trees and stumps, helping to clear the land for more trees to grow, and we trim trees, removing the dead branches. We also offer storm damage services, which entails removing trees from homes and streets that have fallen or been damaged in Chicago’s heavy wind or snow storms.
Many people don’t recognize all that trees do for them besides put oxygen in the air and be a great place to relax on their lunch break. Below, we’ll go over just some of the many benefits to trees, and please read about the trees that may be growing in your yard by clicking the image below.
BENEFITS OF TREES
- Trees clean the air. Besides taking out carbon dioxide and replacing it with oxygen, trees also help to clean the air. Trees absorb other pollutants, such as ammonia and sulfur dioxide in the air, as well as trap microscopic pollutants that are floating in the air on their leaves and bark.
- Trees cool their environment. It is true that when you sit under a shade tree, it’s cooler. By blocking the sun from reaching the ground, that sun is not heating up the air and the land beneath the tree, making it cooler. This makes trees extremely important in cities where the urban heat island effect makes cities hotter.
- Trees lower utility bills. By keeping your home and/or business shaded in the summer months, you’ll use less electricity, saving you money.
- Trees conserve water. First, by blocking the sun from reaching the earth, water will evaporate less quickly in shaded areas than in unshaded areas. This allows the water to soak into the ground, providing water to other plants and animals that need it. Trees also give off water, which adds water to the atmosphere. Plus, the roots of trees anchor the soil, which helps to keep the water in the soil longer as well before being evaporated.
- Trees prevent dust bowls. The Great Dust Bowl that hit the central part of the United States in 1930 and lasted up until 1936 was due in large part to there being no trees. When the drought dried up the land, there was nothing holding the soil down in the ground, which is what trees do. The Great Plains had long been cleared for farmland and this action was now rearing its ugly head. This remains true to this day. Planting trees near and around farmland can help prevent soil erosion.
- Trees are beautiful. There are so many varieties to trees that at times it can be overwhelming, yet magical all at the same time. As you can see from our Tree Index below, there are dozens of different types of trees in and around Chicago alone that enrich this planet and make it a better place to live. From coniferous trees such as the Blue Spruce and the White Pine to deciduous trees such as the Sugar Maple and the Crab Apple, you could spend days exploring all of the trees around here. Furthermore, many people claim fall as their favorite time of year. This is not only because of the perfect temperatures here in Chicago, but it’s also because of the turning of the leaves. Just imagine fall without the stunning reds, yellows, and oranges all around.
J&S Tree Service in Chicago offers a variety of tree services for both residential and commercial customers. From tree removal and tree trimming to stump removal, J&S Tree Service will help you manage the health of your trees. If you have a question about a tree or a species of tree, don’t hesitate to give our office a call.
Now that you know a bit about what your tree does for you, is it no wonder people hug their trees? Contact us today for all your tree needs!
The amount of trees that exist is incredible. Each state has specific trees that thrive in their environment, but even within that there are different cities that have trees that are more common than others. With such a large variety of trees, it can be difficult to know what type you have growing in your yard. The team of professionals at J&S Tree Service Inc. has created an index so that you can determine what is growing in your yard, while also gaining a better understanding of your tree and what it needs. Check it out here and let us know if you need any further guidance on recognizing a tree in your yard.