If you call your local tree service company to come inspect the health of your trees, they may recommend pruning. At J&S Tree Service in Chicago, many of our customers come to us asking about the benefits of tree pruning and why it’s important. In this blog, we’re going to discuss just that.
Deadwood pruning is the process by which a tree specialist removes dead, dying, or diseased branches from your trees. Also known as crown cleaning, the main goal of deadwood pruning is to remove branches that could cause injury or damage to your property. It can also improve the overall aesthetic of the tree as well.
If the trees on your property are hanging over streets or walkways, you may want to talk to a tree service company about crown lifting. This involves the removal of lower branches that can be found in the crown of the tree. This will allow people to pass by your property without having to worry about falling tree branches.
Crown thinning, as the name suggests, is the process of removing branches throughout the crown without changing the shape of the tree. It is used to increase air circulation as well as light penetration.
Why Is It Important To Prune Young Trees?
In order for young trees to grow properly, professional pruning and maintenance is required. Pruning can help a young tree develop a strong structure and nice form, and these trees often require less corrective pruning as they start to age.
What Are The Benefits Of Tree Pruning?
- Tree pruning can address safety hazards caused by damaged or broken limbs.
- It helps promote the health of your trees by providing them with adequate airflow.
- It can improve traffic and pedestrian flow on sidewalks, driveways, bike trails, and more.
- Pruning can strengthen the structural integrity of a tree, especially in the young trees.
- It can improve the appearance of your trees by removing dead limbs or diseased branches.
J&S Tree Service: Chicagoland’s Go-To Tree Pruning Company
When you need your trees pruned and you don’t know where to turn, call the experts at J&S Tree Service. Our team of arborists is bonded, licensed, and fully insured, and we specialize in a gamut of commercial and residential tree services across Chicago. Some of our most popular tree services include:
- Tree Removal – If you’ve started to notice that the trees on your property are dead, dying, or diseased, it may be time to call your local tree removal company. Since residents in Chicago cannot remove trees on their private property without getting a tree work permit, it’s always best to work with a professional.
- Tree Trimming – Increase the lifespan of your trees by scheduling tree trimming services throughout the year. Not only will this keep your trees healthy, it can improve the look and structure of your trees as well.
Ready to call J&S Tree Service for your tree needs? Contact our experienced team today!